Read here to find out what is going on in class, deadlines, and staff assignments.
All students are working on the new assignments, that were assigned Monday. Don't know what you are working on? Check the front door to the classroom. Giant poster that has all assignments.
Due Feb. 1
As a team, we work to meet milestones. We have a new challenge, and our leaders have organized a plan to be successful. Contribute to that team.
Today we will look at all the things that we collected last week, and see where we're at on the inclusionary device and steps toward completing our goal with that.
To make sure that we complete our deadline that is coming up quickly, in March.
1) Take the weekly typing test and enter you score (10 minutes)
2) Pull up your materials on your computer of what you gathered last week
3) Review and discuss action plans
What are you learning this week:
A variety of different skill for this class.
Why are you learning this:
To be able to achieve our goals.
How are you demonstrating this:
- Typing Test ( 5 mins)
-As an entire staff, find four new people, ask them a question from the Inclusionary list, photograph, claim your grade, and post by today. 10 pts.
-10 mins. warmup: Spelling Quiz "Can you correctly spell the 12 most commonly misspelled words?" Click Here.
-Kris introduce the stories for this month and students will begin working on these.
- Friday brainstorm with the whole class; we will all brainstorm story ideas for the next couple of months, what do you want to do?
What are we learning this week:
All students are focused on meeting a milestone as a team this Friday: mastering interviewing new people for the inclusionary device, turning all finished pages into .jpgs, proofed by leadership, and placed on HJeDesign. What is HJeDesign? Our publishing company website for our yearbook.
How are we doing this:
- Typing Test Warm up. www.typingtest.com/ (5 mins)
- Leadership team will meet and set the goals for the next two weeks. What do you want to accomplish and learn by the end of two weeks? Come up with a plan for your teams, individuals, and whole community. (rest of period: Pamela/Kris/Mircia/Zhane/Evie)
- Staff will answer Padlet. (15 mins)
- Staff will find three people, ask them one of the questions from list for the inclusionary device. Questions are located: here. Put your answers and your name credit here. Take two photos of them: headshot and full body. Upload photo here. This is a grade for the day, worth 10 pts.
Tuesday: In order to meet milestones as a team, we need to change the way we view challenges. As a team, we will participate in a Growth Mindset Activity.
- Goal: Through a kahoot game, leadership and staff will learn how to recognize punctuation, homophones, and grammar errors and take this into their own writing, stopping before making mistakes.
- Form teams of 3-4. Click here for game. 30 mins.
- For the next two days, the leadership team along with Dryden & Kaylin, will proof read all names written on the senior pictures master layout, the teacher names typed out on HjeDesign, and baby dedications.
- O'Ryan will teach all staff how to use HJeDesign and how to convert InDesign docs to .jpgs. Login in Information is here. Go to hjedesign.com. Login and follow along.
-leadership will continue proof reading senior picture names, teacher names, and baby dedication pages.
- staff will upload their pages to HJeDesign, using the ladder for guidance. Upload all pages you were part of with your team, worth 10 pts.