Read here to find out what is going on in class, deadlines, and staff assignments.
We will learn how to manage our time by meeting our next milestone of March 1st, while also running the club photo shoot on this Thursday.
We meet challenges as a team. Our newest challenge? Finding powerful stories and quotes to fill up this recent winter section. How do we do this? Utilize each other and resources.
1. Typing Test (5 minutes)
2. Get to work on stories (45 minutes) Don't remember your story?? Check the front classroom door or the visual above.
3. Should have your new stories almost complete and the photos done and uploaded to Google Drive (10 minutes)
1. You have 20 minutes to upload all of your content onto our Google Drive
2. Spend the last 30 minutes putting this into InDesign
- Upload your InDesign document here
CLUB PHOTOSHOOT DAY
All resources are found here.
Critique and Reflection Day
1. Take the Reflection Survey on Club Photo Shoot Day (5 mins)
2. Pull up your inDesign documents onto your computer (5 minutes)
For our Peer Review: what shall we be looking for exactly? Quick 5 min. class discussion.
- Will get an assigned partner (Popsicle sticks) and we will peer review our final spreads. (20 minutes)
3. Take those suggestions, edit, modify, and Save as a jpg and upload them here for your final grade.
After School/ Before School Times
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 2:35- 3:15 pm
Thursday 7:30- 9:00 am
This week we are working on our new stories and meeting our new deadline of March 1st.
In order to meet the overall deadline of March 15th for our turn in date.
1. Typing test (10:40am - 10:50am)
2. Get to work on your stories! (10:50am - 12:05pm)
- You should have AT LEAST 2 new interviews for you story (any one who is in the event, who organized it, who participated in it, etc. and some pictures (did the event already happen? the person that you interviewed) by the end of class
3. Show your team leader proof that you have gotten 2 new people and some pictures (can be the interviewee's picture) (12:05pm - 12:15pm)
1. Work on your stories (45 minutes)
2. Check in with your team leader and show them what you've gotten today (10 minutes)
-Should have at least one new fact, person, etc. for you story
Our club photo shoot is Thursday March 1st from 10:40am until 12:40pm. The information can be found here and if you have any other questions please ask Kris. Don't forget that you are required to showup and participate and help.
What we are learning this week:
Motivation is our central goal for the week. When it gets difficult, do you naturally give up? Well, here is a quote for our learning goal.
As a team, we will discuss the ways that motivate us to overcome difficult challenges for the purpose of excelling through our obstacles and challenges we are facing this week. By the end of the week, we will have met our milestones due to our common agreements and celebrate our success.
Why we are doing this:
In order to know what we need and how to complete our goals on time.
-Monday: Group Activity
- Weekly typing test
- Class meeting; what do you need form us to complete your goals? (fill Google Form)
- Assign new stories:
1. Olympics (17 yr old Red Gerard from Silverthorne, CO wins Gold)
2. Scholastic winners from GW. Ashley Walden, Elliot Andersen, and Lily Prestien.
3. Upcoming IB Art Show and IB Theatre Night. March 22.
- Meet as a class and discuss the logistics for deadlines and the final submission deadline for the book
- What do we need? How will we accomplish these goals?
- Finish working on the spreads assigned
Thursday: Deadline day. Here is your 2nd chance to improve your grades.
1. (5-7 mins) Quiz on headline line writing.
2. (40 mins) Finalize your stories from last week within InDesign, save as jpg. and upload into eDesign for a final grade. This is your last chance because we are moving on.
3. Design team: fix the original templates and make sure no element is cut off. Fix within 30 mins.
Resources to support staff for uploading:
-Upload your final Indesign document here
-Upload the jpgs of your document onto the website
-Login information is found here
- Reminder on how to upload onto website here
3. (20 mins) Class meeting for moving on.
- Kris Toney will fill you in on upcoming Club Photo-shoot March 1.
- Ashley: introduce new stories (Florida, Annie the Musical?,) and seek out ideas from staff. Write them down and assign staff.
- Reflection on meeting our milestone. Share out.
Friday: Check in Day with team Leaders
- (10 mins) Team leaders: meet with your team and establish new goals. Write what you are learning, how, and why you are learning this here. (Yes, this is a grade)
-(5 mins) Ashley: create learning goals for next week and post to website. Establish next deadline and communicate this to the staff, post online.
-Deadline for Mircia: Cover uploaded into eDesign by end of class. Approval by Ashley.
-Staff: begin working on new stories for our next deadline and by the end of class, establish one new lead and make contact: email, text, etc. Show evidence to team leader.
What we are learning this week:
We have identified as a team our new stories, and this week is focused on the finalizing each one. Finalizing means supporting teammates through a series of checks and looking at a rubric, to identify missing or successful parts to each story, what next steps need to occur (more interviews, edits, or photos), and how to utilize InDesign and HjEdesign to our fullest potential.
Why we are doing this:
Without each other, we will be less successful to identify misspellings, photos that are fuzzy, or even misspelled names. Let's catch our mistakes before our customers do.
O'Ryan's typing test as of 2.5.18...Beat this score and