Read here to find out what is going on in class, deadlines, and staff assignments.
Students will learn what the kids who went to Dallas learned on their trip. We will present our spreads that were due before break.
To gain new information from others.
1) Typing test
2) Team goals
3) Dallas students will talk to the class about what they learned
4) Staff will present their spreads that were due on Friday before break
5) Senior Picture Editors continure organizing all the pictures that came in; when finished with senior pictures begin working on baby deications.
What are we learning:
Entire team will demonstrate their understanding of how content drives design by placing all content collected (all stories/photographs) into chosen layouts (picked after Monday's lesson), and organized via google drive. Supports provided will be photographer/writer partners, design team, google drive design, and leaders within the class. In addition, if needing shortcuts on how to use InDesign easier, click here.
Lastly, all work will be completed and print ready by Friday, end of the day to receive full credit for their work.
Why are learning this:
You tell me why content drives the design is so valuable for our book completion?
Lastly, by finishing this section, we are also meeting a milestone: Friday deadline day.
How are we demonstrating our learning:
Completing all stories into layouts Tuesday- Friday:
1. Quick 5 mins conversation about main package, secondary, and third level with O'Ryan, in back of room.
2. Then Read over the lesson and write your goals with your team for the week.
What are we learning:
Writers/Photographers: will demonstrate their understanding of how content drives design by using layouts made by the design team using InDesign, and through collaborating with their partners, choose from the design packages and rely on the supports of their group leaders for clarity. The work goal will be that by the end of class they will have begun filling in their layouts based solely on the decision of CONTENT drives DESIGN.
Why are we learning:
You tell me...
How are we demonstrating learning:
Shortcuts for InDesign (incase you get confused by logistics of the inDeisgn):
The staff will be introduced to how they can customize their spreads to fit the content they have with their partners.
In order to have students have a clear understanding of what their options are when they have stories that are going to be on the same spread as someone else's story.
1) Teams will meet together in the first five minutes to come up with their goal for the day.
2) Mircia will introduce the class to the "menu" of spreads that are available to them.
3) If that finishes early then, Pamela and Kris will introduce the ladder to the class and show them how it works for when they need to work on spreads with each other.
4) The rest of the design team will continue to work on their assignments.
Writers and photographers will meet with their group leaders (Evie and Zhane) to organize their materials via google drive, for the purpose of having all materials ready by Friday when we start to put elements into their InDesign spreads.
To make sure that all the materials that are needed are where we need them to be in order to be successful when putting out information into our spreads.
1) First 5 mins. Teams will meet with each other and set their goal for the day.
2) O'Ryan talks to class. (5 mins)
3)Class breaks up into small groups.
-Pamela and Kris will meet with each other and create a rough draft of what out ladder is going to look like in order, by the end of class, to have a plan for the staff on where to put their things which will occur Friday.
-Evie and Zhane will meet with their groups and go through their materials and have everything set up in the proper folders so that their teams have a smooth transition when putting their materials into Indesign.
- Ashley and Mircia will meet and create the visuals of how to set up the spreads and give a clear understanding of all their options.
-The rest of the design team will have new assignments introduced to them that they can begin working on.
Writers and photographers will take a quiz on what we learned yesterday from the design team's presentation and some basic things that every staff member needs to know.
We need to make sure that the staff has a clear understanding on what needs to be on their spread and how they put things onto the spread.
1) Groups will meet together and come up with their goal for the day
2) Writers and photographers will take this quiz
3) Design team will meet and finalize their spreads in order to let the staff start creating their spreads
4) Pamela and Kris will meet with Ashley so they can see how the ladder should be set up in the Google Sheets
Design team will present their layouts to the class and show them how to upload to Indesign.
So we can start uploading and having spreads that will be ready to go into the book.
Students will print out their new materials from yesterday's deadline day and recieve feedback from their groups.
To help make a stronger overall spread and make sure that we're putting out your best work.
1) Set team goals (first 5 minutes of class)
2) Can you take this survey please?
Main SPS Survey Link
3) Group leaders gather your team and have them print out their work. (5 mins)
4) Hang it up around the room and we'll do group critiques of each other's work. (20 mins)
5) Design team; last day to work on layouts