Read here to find out what is going on in class, deadlines, and staff assignments.
Interviews start today! While interviewing, our guest photographer will teach all students how to take great photos, and use their cameras beyond "auto" in the first class.
As we discussed, photography is the #1 goal for improvement. Kathy Daly is going to get us there.
Interviews will start today.
After working with Kathy Daly, student will have an assignment to take a variety of photos to submit to her BEFORE she comes next week. We will begin the class critiquing those photos and then do some practice with whatever they decide the need the most help with (lighting, posing, etc.)
Photographers needed for 1967 GWHS Class Reunion. You will be paid.
All students will discuss and discover, over the next two days, what themes can work and run throughout a yearbook. They will learn how themes must be relevant to the school year and what stories can tie into them.
Theme is the goal...it is the common thread that provides consistency and excitement, all within one book. You need to understand this...otherwise it makes putting this together rather uncomfortable. :)
What are we doing:
Class goal: Working individually and in teams, all students will be able to design and present a solution to a problem or challenge by creating a plan, managing their time to meet milestones, and efficiently using tools and technology appropriate for their course.
Keeping with our goal: Meeting your teammates will help you develop greater bonds of trust and communication. No more stranger danger. Secondly, you need to understand thoroughly all the different parts of the yearbook to create a plan. It's not just a bunch of pictures. And lastly, this team needs to be run by several people, who have specific talents...I bet you have some. :)
How are we doing this:
1. Yoga warm up (5 mins)
2. Review of Exit Ticket, team goal, and comments made (5 mins)
2. Group activity (8-10 mins)
3. Unpack the curriculum. The book is made up of many parts. Review the comments from the All Colorado Critique of our book (file is at the top of the screen). (20 mins)
5. Ashley will present the positions/descriptions available for the book.
6. O'Ryan will go over the class website and syllabus.
7. Graphic organizer visual of yearbook.
Exit ticket and Homework for this weekend: See below.
What are we doing:
1. Popsicle stick partner Interview. (10 mins)
2. Introduction to Leadership team. (5 mins)
3. Find four new partners and examine the class goal for the year: (Ashley)
Working individually and in teams, all students will be able to design and present a solution to a problem or challenge by creating a plan, managing their time to meet milestones, and efficiently using tools and technology appropriate for their course.
As a group, discuss with each other and then share out. (10 mins)
4. Introduction of google drive and website (check your email) (10-13 mins) (Ashley)
Exit ticket: See below. (2 mins)