Read here to find out what is going on in class, deadlines, and staff assignments.
Your final is a demonstration of our student learning objective.
Working individually and in teams, all students will be able to design and present a solution to a problem or challenge by creating a plan, managing their time to meet milestones, and efficiently using tools and technology appropriate for their course.
How you will demonstrate:
1. Pick one topic from the board, put your name by it to claim it.
2. Use this template from InDesign and fill in the template, demonstrating a summary of the topic. You are allowed to modify the headline package but not the photo layout.
3. To receive 100% on this, points will be given for:
-supporting main photo and headline (15 pts)
-creative headline (15 pts)
-creative sub-headline (10 pts)
-supporting photos (5 pts)
-captions for photos (10 pts)
-sub stories to support the topic (15 pts)
-dates in folio (5 pts)
-a joke to support the topic (5 pts)
-body copy that includes quotes or summarizes the event. (10 pts)
-save as a jpg and save to google folder "final for yearbook" as a demonstration of final learning. Don't forget to type in your name into the Padlet. (10 pts....but if you don't do this step, you won't get any points...)
You have 90 mins. to complete all of this.
What are we learning:
All students will be part of editing the spring supplement and determining, as a team, whether the supplement is print ready, by the end of class today. Secondly, all members in the class will market the book through various social media accounts, determined by your leaders, for the purpose of elevating our sales. Students will discover how social media, as a free source of advertising, can contribute to boosting a company's revenue.
Why are we doing this:
Editing: valuable tool that you will use in future life. How do you know when something is ready to be sent for others to read? You proofread multiple, multiple times.
Marketing: selling a product, a project, a resource to others for the purpose of payment. How do you promote an event? You market it. You will use this skill in your future life at whatever job you will work at...challenge me...give me one job you do not have to market yourself!
How are we demonstrating mastery of learning?
As a team, each one will review the spring supplement on O'Ryan's computer, determining whether a story is ready for print. Refer to check list on the previous blog post to make sure you included all components on your story.
Marketing: each member of the team will send messages to at least four friends advertising pages in the book.
Check in: I need to know about these stories. Whatever is in red is currently missing in the grade book.
We are reviewing all of the stories placed into InDesign layouts today, with a partner, checking for spelling, punctuation errors, pixelated photos, and folio. Once approved by a partner, you can send to O'Ryan for grading.
This is the last major project, and the goal is to have this ready and published online before our boooks arrive next week.
Everyone is assigned a partner for review
Use this Check list:
-main photo supports the headline
-sub-headline provides additional support to headline
-folio contains the writers name
-folio contains a joke
-folio contains the date range of the event
-all sub stories are filled in
-captions are written for each photo, with student names and grades
-photos have a number next to all of them.
1) Every one will pull up their work, so we can see what's all done, and what not is done.
2) Discuss if you think that it will be able to be done by the end of the day or not.
3) Leadership team will discuss what stories are allowed to be cut from the supplement.
We will learn how to get everything done before our deadline of MONDAY
So we can learn efficient time management and not have to stay late Monday night.
1. Check-in and see where we're at on our stories
2. Finish the things that you need to do
1. Check-in and see where we are at, what do you need to go further into getting this done?
1. Pull up ypur work
2. Ashley will come by everyone and sit for at least ten minutes each and make sure you're close to finished
1. Finish everything up, Monday will be a review day for everything